Skip to content
Ingredients for Potato/Zucchini Latkes
- Avocado oil spray
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes and 1 Zucchini grated and drained ( used my hands to squeeze the mixture to remove the water)
- 1 Medium White Onion diced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour, or 2 tablespoons all purpose flour ( I used about 1/4 Cup gluten free flour) Instructions
Ingredients for Strawberry Salsa
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Grate the potatoes using your food processor’s grating attachment. Wipe the food processor clean with a paper towel, and use the food processor’s standard blade to chop the onion. Or use a grater.
- Place the shredded potatoes and the chopped onion in a colander over a bowl and press firmly with your hands, repeatedly, to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Empty the bowl from the liquid, wipe with a paper towel, and transfer the potato/onion mixture to the bowl.
- In another small bowl, beat the egg with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the egg mixture to the potato mixture and stir, then add the flour and stir to combine.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the prepared baking sheet, forming 12 very thin pancakes- press with your hands to flatten the patties as much as you can, while keeping their shape.
- Generously spray the latkes with oil – I used avocado oil.
- Bake the latkes for 15 minutes, until crisp and deep golden brown on the bottom. Remove pan from oven, flip the latkes to the other side, spray again with oil, and bake 10-15 more minutes, until crisp and deep golden brown on the second side.
- Serve immediately, with a generous dollop of strawberry salsa (and a spoonful of plain yogurt or sour cream, optional).
- 15-20 strawberries hulled and chopped into small pieces, even dice
- 1/3 medium red onion finely minced
- handful of cilantro well rinsed, dried, and finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño pepper finely minced, seeds and all. (leave the seeds out for less heat)
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh cracked black pepper and pinch of salt
- Mix everything in a bowl. Taste the salsa and adjust any of the ingredients to your taste.
- Chill until ready to serve.