This cardamom vanilla plum crisp is filled with juicy plums and topped with a crunchy oatmeal hazelnut topping. It’s the perfect sweet treat to end the day with a perfect hint of vanilla bean and cardamom flavor.
yield: 8X8 DISH
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
total time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1-1/2 pound plums, pitted and sliced
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray, set aside.
Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix together until crumbly and the butter is evenly distributed. Set aside.
Mix all together and add to the prepared baking dish. Top with oat topping and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the topped is browned and the fruit is tender.
Serve warm or room temperature.